17 Oct Kayaking Near Inn at East Beach
As a coastal city surrounded by both water and mountain views, Santa Barbara is filled with chances for outdoor fun – including a variety of kayaking tours. From guided coastal and cave tours to self-guided kayaking adventures, there are plenty of opportunities and locations to kayak in Santa Barbara. Check out a few below!
Coastal Kayaking Tours
Relatively short in distance and low in difficulty, coastal kayaking is the perfect introduction to beginners or families interested in sea kayaking. Take advantage of one of the many guided coastal kayaking tours that provide not only natural views, but also interesting information about the water and surrounding area!
- Harbor Fun Paddle: Easy 1-2 miles of paddling with basic instruction and all necessary equipment provided
- Refugio State Park Tour: Easy to moderate 3-mile tour including deli-style lunch, comprehensive instruction and discussions of the natural history
- Sunset Kayak: Easy to moderate 2-mile evening tour including basic instruction, equipment and sunset views
Sea Cave Kayaking Tours
While coastal kayaking tours are perfect for beginners, sea cave kayaking is ideal for adventurers. Kayakers on these tours paddle further out to explore the beautiful caves above and creatures below. Some tours include opportunities to snorkel mid-trip, while others include meals and boat rides.
- Adventure Sea Cave Kayak: 3-mile paddle out to sea caves; snorkel rentals and opportunities available
- Discovery Sea Cave Kayak: Shortened 1.5-hour version of the Adventure Sea Cave Kayak tour with snorkeling still available
- Painted Cave Kayak: Explore Painted Cave, one of the largest sea caves in the world, during this 2.5-mile trip; breakfast, lunch and boat ride included
If you’re not interested in group kayak tours, opt for rentals while in Santa Barbara! Local kayak and paddle board rentals give you the freedom to explore Santa Barbara on your own and at your own pace – and they’re usually much cheaper than guided tours. If you’re looking for rentals near the Inn at East Beach, choose East Beach Rentals. Rent kayaks, boogie boards, paddle boards and other beach gear by the hour or for the entire day. Beach gear group packages are also available for rent.
Stay at the Nearby Inn at East Beach
With so many unique kayaking opportunities in Santa Barbara, you’ll need a place where you can relax and recharge right? Choose the nearby Inn at East Beach and if you’re traveling with your family, take advantage of their Family Fun Santa Barbara Package! The package includes:
- 2 night accommodations in a Family Suite
- Tickets to the Santa Barbara Zoo for each guest
- Tickets to the MOXI Museum of Exploration for each guest
- Pizza delivered to your room on a night of your choosing
- Santa Barbara Zoo souvenir in room upon arrival
- Complimentary breakfast each morning of your stay
Experience the natural beauty of Santa Barbara on one of the many unique kayaking tours! And don’t forget to book your stay at the nearby Inn at East Beach.
WHERE TO STAY
Inn at East Beach
Whatever makes your ideal California weekend getaway, the Inn at East Beach Hotel in Santa Barbara is here to help you stay well- and well within your budget! 1029 Orilla Del Mar, Santa Barbara, CA 93103. 805.965.0546